There are different plants that are characterized by not requiring too much care, including we found the Kalanchoe.
We all like to have plants that look healthy and beautiful inside our homes and also outside, but sometimes, for different reasons, we cannot devote the necessary time to care. With the arrival of spring we can enjoy all the splendor of kalanchoe, which has the advantage of being easy to grow.
The kalanchoe belongs to the family of the Crassulaceae, succulent plants that have their roots and thicker leaves than normal, which allows them to reserve water and thus be able to survive drought conditions.
Its gender It has its origins in the African island of Madagascar, it encompasses more than 200 species. The best known of all is the blossfeldiana whose color varies from red to violet, another is the manginii with beautiful flowers that are shaped like a bell.
The reproduction of this plant should be done by means of seeds, although the most frequent is that it should be done through cuttings which should be planted during the spring in a place where they receive a lot of light. This plant can be placed inside the house, but in an area that is bright.
The appropriate temperature for its development is about 20 to 25 degrees. To obtain excellent growth it is advisable to add a substrate composed of sand, peat and mulch. It is essential that the soil where it is placed is well drained and that the accumulation of liquid is avoided, otherwise a root rot could occur.
The kalanchoe you do not need excessive risk, during the winter a little water will suffice only twice a month. Fortunately, it is a genus that is very resistant to diseases, only sometimes it is affected by aphids that appear when the plant is in development.
Photo | Flickr
- Alocasia Decorate with this plant -Part III- Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Garden chairs with soccer goal
- Idea to illuminate outdoor spaces
- This is why you should use dish soap to clean the bathroom
- Decorate the paths in the garden
- What is training pruning
- Characteristics of primroses – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Prepare your garden quickly – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Succulents for the garden – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Natural space in orange and green