This type of plant is named as a tribute to the Frenchman Charles Plumier. It belongs to the Apocináceas family. It is formed by seven different species of shrubs and trees native to Central America and Mexico. Among the main plants are the Plumeria rubra, Plumeria alba, Plumeria obtusa, Plumeria pudica. In some places it is known with the vulgar names of Rompepán, Indian Jasmine, Sacuanjoche.
These are small bushes or trees that have thick branches, which in some cases can measure up to 6 meters high. The leaves are simple, alternate and of a particular dark green tone.
The flowers of this plant are very aromaticThey have five petals and you can find them in different colors, such as white, cream, yellow, purple and pink. If the plant is outside its natural habitat, it can bloom all year round, otherwise they only bloom in the summer.
It is normal to see them in the gardens, as solitary specimens or grouping them. If you are going to place it in a pot it should be 30 centimeters deep. In cold weather regions it is advisable to grow it in greenhouses and can be placed inside the environments during the flowering season.
For the plant to develop correctly requires good exposure to the sol and high temperatures. It does not resist cold or extreme temperature changes. Nor is high ambient humidity necessary. An ideal site is, for example, the exterior of Mediterranean climates with mild winters.
Photo | Flickr
- Hydrangeas in your Decoration – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Decorate the garden with stones
- Take advantage of the cut grass
- Aquilegia Plant – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- The rental of machinery has many advantages. Discover them!
- How to plant a tree – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Unfertile land? Use green manure
- A small orange tree for your kitchen
- Fruit Growing
- Place plants on your terrace