Good morning dear friends! Today in our space we will talk about artificial light in our crops. There are great benefits that we can obtain if we grow indoor plants such as African violets, citrus fruits or orchids … among many others.
With artificial light we can keep some species throughout the year. He thinks that the sun contains the entire spectrum of light and plants need it to perform photosynthesis correctly.
But within this, the most important is the red and blue light, as the first one stimulates growth and flowering, while the blue light regulates plant foliage growth.
If you want to make small crops, if you still do not control the matter, you can get some growers in different stores. These we can have even in the kitchen.
Choose the right lights, depending on the type of species you have, they will need one or the other. We must take into account the cost and the ratio between lumens / watts and, of course, the color spectrum.
If you don't know, we tell you that the Lumen is the unit of measure to measure the power of the bulb.
Incandescent bulbs are not advisable because they produce too much heat and few lumens.
The LED type light can come in handy with tomatoes, broccoli and similar vegetables. Fluorescents are used in these types of crops, as they emit very little heat and are more efficient.
If you want to know the color temperature, we tell you that it is measured in K, this is the unit to do it.
If you need red light, the K would be between 2700 and 3000 k. However, for a blue light, which is cooler, we will need between 5000 and 6500 k.
The plants have their cycles, different in each species, therefore some will need more hours of heat than others.
Something important will be to change the position of the plants, from time to time and also clean the dust accumulated in the bulbs usually.
Seen in: gardeners
- Your garden, your paradise – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- How to plant lentils – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- How to care for a cut flower bouquet
- Do you have roses? Basic Gardening Tasks
- Cacyreus Marshall, butterfly that attacks geraniums
- Frequent diseases in outdoor plants -Part II-
- Red spider? How to remove it from your plants
- Fertilizers so that your plants grow healthy and strong (II)
- Decorate Live – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Types of Roses – Ideas for gardens and decoration