Good morning friends, today I leave you with some information about a beautiful plant commonly called, Blue Lotus.
This beautiful plant is of aquatic origin and was discovered by the Jurassic period. This is confirmed by the fossil record. That is why Blue Lotus is transformed into one of the first floral species that have been known in the world.
If you want to grow it or know more about it, I tell you that this plant can be over a meter high, and grows mainly in ponds or puddles.
Its leaves are a beautiful green color, the shape is rather round and large, from 25 cm to 40 cm in diameter.
The leaves may be covered with a wax-like substance that makes them water repellent.
The roots of this plant are very delicate and anchored to the muddy bottom. The Blue Lotus flowers, the flowers have an approximate size of 10 cm to 15 cm in diameter.
Account, this plant, with about twenty petals in a beautiful spiral shape and bluish color.
The fruit is a round, leathery and spongy berry that, when released, leaves the seeds in the water.
The blue lotus is used, in the kitchen, as a maceration in water or wine or taking the plant in the form of tea.
One of the main alkaloids contained in the Blue Lotus is nuciferin, the main responsible for the mild sedative and relaxing effects produced by the use of the flower.
One of the characteristics of the flowers, which last two to three days, is their emergence in the morning, while they open completely in the afternoon, when the air is warmer.
In addition I leave some photographs so you know what it looks like. I hope you find this information very useful.
- How to grow radishes – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Take care of your pets' plants
- Decorative stones and Pebbles – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Rosales, its secrets – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Some very special ferns
- Clean your pool after summer -Part I- Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Herbaceous cultivation and care
- Care of indoor plants in summer
- The correct irrigation of cacti
- Basic Tips Design a Garden -Part II- Ideas for gardens and decoration