As we discussed in the previous article, today we will love to continue with the theme of reproduction and multiplication in bulbous species.
In today's space we will talk about the multiplication of bulbous plants whose underground nutrient reserve organs are: Bulbs
Of the underground organs the bulb has a basal disk, this is where the stem sprouts. There are two main types of bulbs classified in tunicates and scaly. A tunicated bulb has to say it like this, layers like onion … instead the flaky ones are usually of a rather fleshy consistency.
To practice the multiplication of bulbs and corms, let's indicate some basic steps. The first thing will be to separate the bulbs or bullets, which have formed around the bulb … we planted them. Remember to buy new bulbs every year, since they tend to lose quality from one year to the next.
Once the flowering phase is finished we will cut the flowers that have been passed and let the leaves and stems dry. From the flowering phase, until they can be unearthed it will take between one and two months.
Once they can be manipulated, we extract the bulbs and wash them. It is important to apply fungicide to disinfect them well, then let it dry in the shade.
We trim roots, we remove the earth that it has, they separate from the small child bulbs and wrap them in newspaper … in this way they will absorb moisture and will not rot.
Finally we introduce them in wooden boxes and store them in a dry place. These will remain so until the new plantation arrives in the summer containers, if we have a better nursery. Here they are grown for about two years, until their flowering phase.
Finally we tell you that this form of reproduction is ideal for bulbous plants such as tulips, hyacinths and daffodils. Remember to keep bulbs such as tulips, crocuses and daffodils in a dry place.
In the next space we will continue talking about this very interesting topic.
- Nail a rose stalk on a potato and see what happens in 10 days! Can't you believe it!
- Idea for your Balcony – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Diseases that the lawn suffers (III)
- Tips for the correct development of cacti
- Cineraria with flower – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Outdoor chair made with pallets
- How to avoid caterpillar pests in the garden
- Decorate with flowers in the bathroom
- Correct way to fertilize the lawn
- This is why you should use dish soap to clean the bathroom