Cedars and pines form a group of vascular plants with seeds. They are characterized by having a very diverse origin. In the geological era they were very abundant, currently they appear in smaller groups.
They are characterized by having ovules exposed in modified leaves that protect the megaspora that originates from the female gamete. In the group of pines and cedars you can see cypresses, junipers, pines, pine nuts, pine nuts, fir trees, oyameles, cup.
Many know these trees as conifers because its seeds are produced in cones. They are woody plants that appeared on the planet millions of years ago. At that time there were already the same species as today. They have a high economic value that make them a very important and well-known group.
In the world there are 575 different species, the best known families with: cypresses (Cupressaceae), pines, firs and hayarines (Pinaceae), podocarps (Podocarpaceae), hollow out (Taxodiaceae) and the yew (Taxaceae).
Conifers occupied important parts of the world in the past, with the progressive increase of the temperatures they were relegated to the colder parts forming great forests. Its original distribution was restricted to areas of North America, Europe and Asia. Some species have an extensive and variable geographical distribution.
Normally three to five species of pine trees grow together in the same forest. The altitude is linked to the composition and distribution of pine species. This type of tree can be very invasive in exposed mineral soils. This type of soil is located in the mountainous areas of volcanic origin.
Within this group, trees are the most characteristic, although other species that change shape can also be found based on the conditions of their habitat. The most important features are:
- Flowers that are reduced to pollen sacs and cones-shaped ovules.
- Pollen germinates directly on the walls of the ovule.
- They do not have vessels in the xylena and accompanying cells in the phloem.
- Your fertilization is simple, your vehicle is air.
Photo | Flickr
- Care of indoor palm trees
- Germination of radish – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- How to make pots with cans
- More facts about cacti
- Decorate with a garden swing
- How to aromatize your corners with beautiful flowers
- Tips for having a Feng Shui garden
- How to make a pot with an egg
- Tips to avoid pests
- How to make an Orchid centerpiece