Good morning friends! In today's space we will talk about the Christmas cactus. If you like this beautiful planting, to decorate your spaces during the holidays, today we propose some ways to diagnose possible diseases of it.
Many of us have Christmas cacti, we like to decorate with them .. but we also want the plant to be beautiful and healthy. To do this today we leave you with three possible diseases, so we will diagnose them in time to do something.
Few are those who know how to identify Christmas cactus diseases. It is not to be alarmed, it is natural not to know the diseases of plants and much less the diseases of an exotic plant, such as this cactus.
Anthracnose is usually caused by a fungus and manifests itself through colored spots that affect the leaves, buds, stem and fruits of plants. The consequence of this disease is that the affected part of the plant will be lost. This disease usually appears in spring, when fungi are at their peak. To prevent it, they should keep the cactus soil clean.
2. Bacterial soft rot
Another of the diseases of the Christmas cactus is bacterial white rot. In this case, as the name implies, the disease is caused by a bacterium that affects the root of the plant. At first glance, the symptoms of this disease are that the plant turns yellowish and its leaves wilt. This disease can be prevented with adequate irrigation during the hottest months of the year.
3. Foliar spots by cercospora
The third of the Christmas cactus diseases is the leaf spot by cercospora. In this case, the cactus will have brown spots and circular shapes on the leaves. This disease is usually caused by a fungus that lives in the infected area. To avoid this disease, it is necessary to avoid that the cactus foliage is excessively humid. This disease can also be avoided if the cactus is fertilized so that it has no deficiencies in this regard.
- Photo Ornamental plant – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Small courtyards decoration – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Idea to decorate with containers and flowers
- Idea to create a rustic style organizer
- A Garden in the City. 1st Edition Unopiù Contest
- Orchid Subscriber – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- How to grow Kiwi
- Tips for the care of palm trees
- Butterflies in your garden – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Gardening events. Home and Garden Show 2012