We will continue telling you Some curiosities about plants.
If you want to know what is the smallest phanerogam we tell you that it is the australian duckweed, with a size that does not exceed 0.6 millimeters high by 0.33 millimeters wide. It only weighs 0.15 mg. The largest phalangague is glycine (Wisteria sinensis) He lives in the California area. It has been planted in 1892. Its branches reach 150 meters in length, weighing 230 tons. It occupies an area close to 0.4 hectares. In it 1.5 million flowers bloom for five weeks of the year. This plant has its origins in Asia, reaching a Massimo size of 30 meters.
Too there are very large rods, the one that originates in India, called Dendrocalamus brandisii and D. giganteus is 40 meters high and 30 centimeters in diameter. The bamboo cane of India, the Bambusa arundinacea It reaches 37 meters high, the same species that grows on the European continent reaches 25 meters.
Many trees are characterized by providing heavy woods, such is the case of the Olea laurifolia, a tree from South Africa, whose density is 1,490 kilos per cubic meter, is a wood so heavy that it cannot float on water.
On the other hand we can tell you that the Aeschynomene hispida Cuba is the lightest wood in the world, with a density of 44 kg / m3 and balsa wood, whose density is 40 to 380 kg / m3.
- Wider trunk: that of the Tule tree or Moctezuma cypress
- The most voluminous: Lindsey Creek tree with a trunk of 2,549 cubic meters in volume and weighing 3,300 tons.
- Tree with the largest leaves: Raphia farinifera (ruffia), and Amazonian yolillo or palm tree Raphia taedigera whose leaves reach the length of 19 meters.
- The tree with the most leaves: cypress has 45 to 50 million needle-like leaves.
Photo | Flickr
- Your garden near the sea?
- Take care of the garden – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Indoor plant in summer II
- Victorian Gardens
- Bamboo centerpiece
- Pumpkin idea for Halloween
- The right lighting for your garden
- Chicory Properties – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Subscription tips
- Care of indoor plants in summer