The lawn diseases are many, we will continue talking about them.
Pitium It can affect different species, especially when they are in the germination phase. Especially attacks Agrostis stolonifera, Ray grass, Cynodon dactylon.
Among the most common symptoms are: in the newly sown lawn or in the plants that have just been born can be see some dark spots They end up rotting. This is generated by fungi found in the soil. The result is normally the death of the seedlings. Infections are favored by waterlogging.
Different symptoms occur in lawns that are already established or entrenched. In this case, spots with greasy appearance of 1 to 30 centimeters irregular appear. They often join together causing the flat to dry.
Some conditions they are the ones that favor the disease. These diseases can attack more during the summer, when they exceed 30 degrees of temperature, when the leaf is wet and the ground is poorly drained. It is rare for this to happen in spring or autumn.
Another disease that affects the grass is the red thread or Fuciform corticium. All species are sensitive to this disease, especially Agrostis and Festucas.
The disease is very easy to recognize: some spots of 5 to 20 centimeters in diameter appear, very similar to that of the disease (previously mentioned) dollar spot) but with a filamentous gelatinous secretion of red color, with the passing of the days the leaves turn brown and They end up drying out. It should be noted that the disease spreads rapidly.
As in all cases, there are several conditions that favor its rapid development. This sickness may appear almost all year, except in times of frost or drought. The ideal temperatures for development range from 18 to 20 degrees. May appear after extensive rains.
Photo | Flickr
- Curiosities about plants – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- How to water the plants on vacation?
- Vintage decoration Combine pots and ladder
- Decorate with branches – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Photo Ornamental plant – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Species that drive away mosquitoes
- Correct way to fertilize the lawn
- Keep your Planters – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Ideas to make a small garden
- Growing Pumpkins in Pots – Ideas for gardens and decoration