Our lawn can be affected by different diseases, in previous articles we have referred to them, today we will start by talking about Anthracnose.
The Anthracnose or Colletotrichum gramicola It can affect different species, including Agrostis, Poas and Ray-grass. It is very rare that it occurs in isolation, usually it is associated with other fungi such as Pythium, Helminthosporium or Rhizoctonia.
The symptoms of the disease may appear throughout the year, regardless of whether it is cold or hot, although the largest outbreaks occur during the months of July and August.
Another disease, quite well known, is the Rust or Puccinia It is quite common but has the advantage of not being very harmful. Normally no chemical treatments are applied to treat it. Currently, many seed species are already resistant to rust. The diseased lawn has an orange-yellow color, some orange or brown bumps appear on the leaves.
It usually appears when the sky remains cloudy, without sun, and when temperatures are around 20 degrees and when the humidity is high.
Some diseases that affect the lawn:
Witch Rings or Marasmus: attacks all types of grass.- circular rings of a darker green tone are formed. It appears when there is a high content of organic matter in the soil.
Gloeocercospora: affects species such as Agrostis and Cynodon. It can severely affect golf courses. Bluish spots appear.
Pyricularia: attacks Festucas, Poa, Ray grass and especially Stenotaphrum secundatum. Yellow spots usually appear on the edge of the leaves and on their stems.
Ophiobolus: attack Agrostis. Bright brown spots are seen that reach up to 30 centimeters in diameter.
Curvularia: It is very harmful in areas where there are high temperatures and high humidity.
Photo | Flickr
- Do you have roses? Basic Gardening Tasks
- Make your own wooden pencil holders
- Ideas to make Composite Fertilizer
- Decorate with aquatic plants -Part I- Ideas for gardens and decoration
- The 4 best tips on plants for beginners
- A picturesque carnivorous plant (Part II)
- Pots on the wall of your home
- Planta del Dinero -Part II- Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Do not forget to decorate the balcony
- Planta del Dinero -Part I- Ideas for gardens and decoration