There are certain ways of sow some species directly on the ground, instead of creating a seedbed or using different containers. Sowing directly on the ground is a method that can be used for species such as parsnips, peas, green beans, spinach, beets, radishes, beans, carrots.
To obtain success, the ideal is to sow during spring or summer, depending on the weather you are in. It should be noted that some crops can be carried out at any time of the year. The warmer and warmer the earlier weather plants can be grown. In the Mediterranean area, planting can be advanced one month during spring.
The seeds will only germinate when the temperatures are warm, they will not do so as long as the soil remains frozen and moist.
Make a staggered planting
If you want to avoid plant deficiencies in some period or excess in another, it is best to plant a few rows every several weeks, so you can distribute the planting for 3 to 4 weeks at intervals of 3 to 4 days for each variety.
During the spring you can use direct harvest for species such as watermelon, cucumber, spinach, chives, squash, celery, corn, asparagus. During the spring / summer the escarole, bean, celery, turnip. During the summer the cabbage, cauliflower, fennel. During the summer autumn the spinach. During the fall the peas, carrot, artichoke. During the winter the chard, onion, spinach, garlic. In late winter and early spring the tomato, eggplant and peppers.
In a next article we will follow you providing advice so you can carry out direct sowing in your garden
Photo | Flickr
- Spanish flag. Lantana care -Part II- Ideas for gardens and decoration
- A Garden in the City. 1st Edition Unopiù Contest
- Alocasia Decorate with this plant -Part II- Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Prepare an orchard in a few steps
- Decorate your interiors with plants
- How to become a professional interior designer
- Decorate with pots – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Natural space in orange and green
- Idea to recycle remnants of branches
- Aloe Vera -Part II- Ideas for gardens and decoration