We will give you some tips that you can keep in mind when storing vegetables.
The fresh consumption of vegetables they will provide us with many health benefits, surpluses can be preserved in several ways.
Carrots, beets, potatoes can be stored in sacks in a shed or garage that is protected from frost and does not contain moisture. Some roots such as kohlrabi, chirivias and turnips can be preserved in the same garden and can be plucked when needed.
An excellent options for store the vegetables is the frozen. It can be used in many vegetables, especially those of leaves that cannot be stored in any other way.
In some cases, vegetables can be bleached before freezing. For bleaching it should be immersed in boiling water for a few seconds. When we remove from the boiled water it will be passed to the vegetables by ice water to stop the cooking process. Sweet peppers may be frozen without requiring prior preparation.
When a vegetable has been bleached, we must dry it and freeze it. For this, plastic freezer bags, boxes and other containers are used.
Frozen vegetables should be consumed within nine months.
In the case of cabbages, it should be known that they have a high water content, which means that they cannot be stored at all. In the case of some spices that want to be frozen they must be grown in a special way.
Lettuces can wait in the fridge for up to 15 days as long as they are prepared properly and the refrigerator has the right temperature, otherwise the leaves will look like burned.
Cucumbers, tomatoes and eggplants can be prepared and stored in preserves or frozen.
Photo | Flickr
- How to decorate a bathroom naturally
- Decorate your terrace. Economic Advice
- Tricks to keep the color of the leaves
- Nice pots for your flowers
- Vintage decoration Combine pots and ladder
- Decorate your outdoor fences
- 2 Ideas to optimize the terrace
- Decorate with stones – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Did you know that commercial landscaping insurance exists?
- Ideas for the Shed – Ideas for gardens and decoration