There are some guidelines that you can keep in mind to have beautiful gardenias In your garden, remember that they are flowers that, in addition to being very decorative, have a pleasant perfume that will make your garden a very special place.
One of the main points that we must take care of is the soil pH, it has to be between 4.5 and 5.5, in this way it will not be too alkaline, otherwise they can die.
The ideal temperature for its development is from 16 to 23 degrees, rather warm climates prefer in the morning than at night. To get one good bloom The temperature should not be much higher than 23 degrees and should not be below 20 degrees.
Regardless of whether they are on the ground or in a pot they should be placed in a place where air runs, not too strong. The objective is to avoid the establishment of fungi on its surface due to excess moisture. The soil must be well drained, if it is on poorly drained surfaces, gardenias will surely die.
Before sowing them, peat should be placed, the site must be large since the roots occupy a good surface. Remember to fertilize them twice a month from the beginning of spring until the end of autumn. The ideal fertilizer should be a little acidic.
When watering you should have very careful with the amount of water, if you exceed the leaves they will turn yellow and begin to wilt or be filled with fungi that will cause their death. Your land should be moist but not soaked or too wet. Always avoid plant waterlogging.
Photo | Flickr
- Cultiva de la Campanilla – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Ideas for our Garden – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Lucky pumpkins! – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Lawnmower maintenance to extend its life
- Tips to correctly choose a vine
- How to care for the lawn II
- Learn to grow cauliflower
- Germination of radish – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Curiosities about plants (II) – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Idea to make some flower pots