Watering your garden is a task that requires a lot of care and you should not leave it at random to get good results. Irrigation will be decisive for the correct development of plants, trees, etc.
Today we will give you some guidelines so that keep in mind when watering the garden and how can you get the most out of this action?
The most common is that it is irrigated by furrows or that the space that exists between each horse is flooded. Drip irrigation is the best alternative for vegetables, it is widely used in orchards and prevents the realization of furrows. Sprinkler irrigation is used in orchards but has the disadvantage of wetting the leaves, which can lead to fungus.
The amount of water will depend specifically on each species. and of the season of the year in which you are, it is an aspect that also relates to the state of development of the plants. At the time of planting or sowing it is very important that the 12 surface centimeters of the soil are moist but without reaching the waterlogging.
Younger plants should be watered more frequently so they do not dry out.
If you plan to grow vegetables outdoors in plots it is best that you group them based on the water they require, this way it will be easier for you to water them and you will ensure that they all receive the necessary amount of water. Keep in mind that vegetables are quite sensitive to both excess water and drought.
The consequences of the excess of water can be quite serious, in addition its fruits could lose the authentic flavor or the roots will end up rotting.
Photo | Flickr
- Fruit trees and pollination
- Have you ever looked closely at your hands? Give these signs about your health
- How to grow watermelons? Learn in a moment!
- Potting Shed Creations. Sustainable Pots
- Tips for planting carrots – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Do you have a pool? Color it – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Place a bird house in your garden
- Care of the Afelandra plant
- Keep your garden properly watered
- Painting. Take care of your environment