Usually the rain is in charge of watering the grass, getting to cover the basic needs, but it may happen that at certain times it does not rain much, so it is necessary to water it. This usually happens especially during the summer.
If you live in an area where rainfall is abundant, it will not be necessary to water it so frequently. In the case that it is grass has areas of shadows or is protected by the wind you will also need less water than that which is continuously exposed to the sun and in dry areas.
In the event that the soil is sandy it will be necessary to irrigate it more than if it were a clay soil, which has the capacity to retain water. The sandy soils are dry and can only hold very little water.
There are different species and varieties of grass that can consume more water than others, for example, the variety of ray grass, which needs more irrigation than Bermuda.
The irrigation of the lawn will depend on the time of the year, during the summer a greater consumption of water is needed, in winter the amount will be minimal.
Too depend on the quality of grass We want to have. We can water more when we want to have a greener lawn and less if we don't mind having a lawn with a lighter shade.
If the grass our grass is not used to being watered every day when we want to change that routine we must begin to do it slowly, so that it gets used to receiving a greater flow of water.
When the risk is frequently realized the roots do not deepen as they do not have the need to go looking for water in the depths, lawns that are not irrigated should develop a deeper and more powerful root system.
We will give you an example of risk times In a temperate climate and with a soil that is neither too sandy nor too clayey:
- Winter: only maintenance watering every 20 days if the rain is not enough.
- Spring: you must water day by half (one day yes, another not)
- Summer: daily watering
- Fall: twice a week, interrupting rainy days
Photo | Flickr
- How to plant Gardenias
- Tips to decorate your garden on Halloween
- Hanging flower pots to decorate
- Children's swing to decorate the garden
- Good service and price with the Machinery Rental Madrid
- Cultivation from Cuttings
- Take care of your outdoor plants -Part II- Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Idea to decorate with pumpkins on Halloween
- This 96-year-old grandmother has put her house up for sale! What you will discover in it, will leave you with your mouth open
- How to care for your plants in March