Plants need light to be able to create the necessary energy that keep them alive, so they should not be placed in dark places. The more light there is in the environment where indoor plants are, the better their development, becoming healthy and happy specimens.
Thanks to the light the plants can produce sugars very similar to glucose, which after a series of processes become chemical elements that are fundamental for growth. The green color of its leaves, a substance called chlorophyll, has the ability to absorb solar energy.
This energy is used to combine the carbon dioxide of air with water, so you can make sugars. This process is known as photosynthesis.
If you do not have enough light the amount of chlorophyll can be reduced, so you will not be able to produce glucose and your growth will be slow, as a consequence will be weakened by presenting discolored leaves and thinner and weaker stems.
Most plants need for growth an average of 10 hours of light. Outdoor plants have the advantage of receiving light from all sides, especially above it, which is quite complicated in a room, where it only receives it through a window or door. Indoor plants almost never have the light they need, even if we imagine so.
Many of us have the habit of closing the curtains during the brightest hours of the day, when the sun is more intense, leaving the environments almost in darkness. This is a big and frequent mistake, since we shorten daylight hours.
Plants that have variegated flowers and leaves need more light than plants that have dark foliage, they can be placed a little further from the windows. If you notice that the plants seem to suffer excess or lack of light, look for them in a more suitable place.
Photo | Flickr
- Nail a rose stalk on a potato and see what happens in 10 days! Can't you believe it!
- Correct way to fertilize the lawn
- Christmas cactus Common diseases
- Wood Tile Floors
- Cactus Saguaro and Pitahaya -Part I- Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Table made with a piece of trunk
- Landscaping tips for small spaces
- Improvise a vertical garden – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Ideas to decorate with hydrangeas
- Majestic Garden 2012 – Ideas for gardens and decoration