We will tell you about the different pests that can attack your fruit trees, including apple tree, pear tree, quince, peach tree, nectarine, cherry tree, etc.
There are different species of mealybugs that can attack our fruit trees, they are characterized by having a shield-shaped protection that protects them, they can be of different colors.
They can be fixed on the fruits, branches and leaves, feeding on the sap, causing the leaves to turn yellowish and then fall off. After taking the sap they eliminate it in the form of a bright sugary liquid, called molasses, on it a black fungus called ‘black’ is formed.
Different types of mealybugs:
- Cochineals that have a protective shell or diaspinos (red louse, California red louse, white louse, gray louse, fine serpeta, thick serpeta).
- Cochineals with hardened tegument or lecaninos (Black Caparreta or cochineal of the tizne, white carapace, cochineal of citrus fruits).
- Cochineals with cottony waxy protection (cotonet or cotton, fluted cochineal)
There are different treatments that you can perform to fruit plants for the treatment of mealybugs. It is important to treat when there are enough larvae, that will depend on the success of the treatment.
The California red louse It is a female that reaches two millimeters. It is normal to see it in different parts of the tree, with its trunks, branches, leaves and fruits. It can seriously damage the fruits.
You should try to get this louse to the fruit, as this determines when to treat the biological monitoring of the pest.
The St. Joseph's louse or Quadraspidiotus perniciosus. It is one of the best known species of mealybugs, it can be fixed on the branches, fruits and leaves. If it is not treated effectively it can cost you the life of the tree, since it covers it completely. The fruits are presented with red spots.
It is advisable to perform the treatments during the winter, you can do them using emulsions based on mineral oil, in 3 or 4 percent. In the case that it should be done in the active period of the woodland, that is, during the spring or during the summer you should treat it with the following insecticides: Diazinon, Fenitrotion, Metidation, etc.
Photo | Flickr
- Chicory Properties – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Centerpiece with vegetables
- The landscaper and his great work in the garden
- Children's pots – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- How to clean the clay pots
- Flower arrangement on a stool
- Eliminate fungi in plants
- Plants in glass containers
- Decorate the pots with rope
- Decorate with flowers and perfume bottles