A final article in which we will talk about different guidelines and tips that you have to keep in mind when you want to have an orchard where direct sowing is essential. In the previous articles we refer to the way in which the soil should be prepared, such as carrying out the planting with damsels or the guidelines for the subscriber to improve the crops.
Sowing with ridges
You have to cover a layer equal to twice the diameter of the seed. The planting depth can be 1 centimeters in the case of peas and cabbage and two centimeters in beans. Before planting remember to read each seed packet carefully.
Planting of the plants
After some plants are born and already have two or three leaves it will be it is necessary to thin the seedlings to prevent them from crowding. You can make two passes, in the first you will have to leave twice as many as you need and after three weeks it will re-enter to get the final space. In this second step only the most fragile plants or those in poor condition should be removed.
The distance between each one will be 20 to 50 centimeters depending on the size of the species. For example, beets require 50 centimeters, radishes 20 centimeters, leeks 30 centimeters and chard 50 centimeters.
What you get can be transplanted to another land.
Irrigation of direct sowing
With regard to irrigation we can advise you that do it drip, diffusers or grooves. The groove method is the one that helps waste less water, it is one of the most used and effective.
We hope that all the advice given throughout these 4 articles has helped you to make the direct sowing in your garden, thus obtaining all the benefits of fresh vegetables and fruits. A good activity that you can do as a family, obtaining many health benefits.
Photo | Flickr
- Organic garden -Part II- Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Cantine Vases – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Tips. How to water Poinsettia
- Curiosities about plants – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Your Gardening and Decoration Blog
- Tips for having a Feng Shui garden
- Decorate the garden with wheel rims
- How to grow watermelons – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Basic Tips Design a Garden -Part II- Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Table made with a piece of trunk