Vertical gardens, green walls or crop walls are increasingly popular. It's about vertical assemblies They are covered by varied plants, an excellent alternative to decorate the interior and exterior of houses, buildings and other surfaces.
In the beginning nobody used them because they considered it difficult for a plant to grow in these circumstances, but the methods were varying and progressing, rooted between two fibrous sheets that are fixed on the wall or through panels of land that are in an upright position.
Thanks to the vertical gardens the spaces can be embellished, in addition to improve air quality, they capture dust and particles that are suspended. They are an excellent source of oxygen. In many cases they are used as thermal and acoustic insulators.
To create a vertical garden, different guidelines must be taken into account, such as the weather and its location. The soil, plants and the way in which the plants will be watered must also be taken into account.
It's fundamental have good drainage to prevent the surface from staying too wet and fungi and infections appear. Normally a pump irrigation system is installed so that the water that falls into the container at the bottom can be recycled.
The plants that are recommended for vertical gardens are ornamental, such as flowers, vegetables, fruit trees. Remember that depending on the species you should receive a lot of natural light.
Rainwater may reduce the need for automatic irrigation saving in this regard.
Photo | Flickr
- Idea to decorate the garden
- Spring Tips for your Plants
- Growing Pumpkins in Pots – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Feng Shui Orchard – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- How to prune your houseplants
- Characteristics of some aquatic plants
- Secrets to water your plants
- Idea to decorate pots – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Bulbous plants. Reproduction -Part I- Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Broccoli. Autumn Crops – Ideas for gardens and decoration