Toxic plants for pets

Toxic plants for pets, causes of their intake

Will follow speaking of the toxic plants for pets and how to try to prevent the consequences of their intake. Many times dogs when they are bored, especially if they are puppies, begin to bite everything they find, also plants.

Another reason why dogs can eat garden plants is to get attention, for example, when there is a change of home. Being in a new place you will not like to go unnoticed.

Source: Christian Carina

As a consequence the lack of space increases the levels of aggressiveness, being nervous intensifies the need to break everything and chew what they have at their fingertips. Many times the plants bite when they are alone or do not see them, so it is necessary to know the symptoms to know if the pet is intoxicated.

Symptoms to know if your pet is intoxicated

The symptoms are surely very evident, since poisoning can be manifested by digestive, hematological or nervous signs.

We should know that plants we have at home to know what treatment will the veterinarian recommend In case of intoxication, this way the appropriate antidote can be provided. Other information that we must provide is the amount of plant ingested or absorbed.

Unfortunately, many times the cases of intoxication are not correctly diagnosed. In spite of them, animals are usually treated correctly, since routine treatments are usually carried out.

The variety of plants that can be toxic to pets are many, identification of them can be difficult.

In the case of cats, the plants that may be more dangerous are those called milky, since their white sap may have saponin, a very irritating substance that causes disorders when ingested.

In a next article we will promptly name you the plants that you should avoid having in the garden in the case of having pets, some of them have toxic leaves and in other cases the toxic part is the fruit or the seeds.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *