The best time of the year to plant trees is during the fall. When the great heats have already left. Another excellent time of the year to do so is during the spring, at this time the rains tend to be more abundant, which makes irrigation easier.
A fundamental point is that don't plant them too tight, since then it is detrimental to the competition that must be established with the other trees in search of space, light and water, in addition to the nutrients found in the soil. Separate them enough that they can be developed properly.
If you want to enjoy a correct development of a tree it is very important that you have patience, in the case of bushes you can plants in the hollows that the seasonal plants leave. In this way we will avoid eliminating or transplanting the plant mass that is formed.
Keep in mind that some species develop better in the sun and others in the shade. For example, flowering plants develop best in places with sunshine. If necessary, you can provide some shade to the most sensitive species by installing a shade mesh.
If the area where you live has strong winds you must choose species that are hard, that can protect others.
Remember to bring a notebook where you will write down the sowing dates and the fertilizers that you put to each species.
When you have planted a new tree or shrub you should water it and then spray it regularly to increase its general humidity, this should never be done in the strong hours of sun, it is always preferable to do it in the morning very early or at night.
Keep in mind that each plant will require adaptation time To the different area. When acclimatized it will begin with growth, not before.
With regard to tree transplants we can give you some tips:
- Make it a day that is cloudy and cool.
- The day before you extract the plant you must water the soil so that it is wet.
- Remove the soil that will receive the plant and put the appropriate fertilizer for your species.
- After the transfer water the area abundantly.
- Prune its upper part to prevent excessive perspiration from wilting to the plant.
Photo | Flickr
- Decorate with colored pots
- Garden Furniture – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Diseases that the lawn suffers (IV)
- Lucky pumpkins! – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- How to decorate with dried flowers
- Bulbous plants. Reproduction -Part III- Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Decorate with pots
- Patricia Urquiola Kettal Vieques Collection
- Decorate pots with shells – Ideas for gardens and decoration
- Rattan chairs to decorate